People can get from one place to another very easily these days because there are so many ways to travel. One can get to their destination by car, boat, or aeroplane in a safe way. But sometimes it can be hard to make sure that the trip goes smoothly or to keep track of how a loved one’s flight is going.
With today’s technology, you can use apps like NordVPN to protect your online activities and get help based on your location. In the same way, iOS and Android users can use full flight tracking apps that have useful geo-tracking features for checking on a date, getting alerts about a flight’s status, and tracking an airport. Do you want to know who to trust? This post will show you the way.
Best flight tracking apps for Android and iOS
Android and iOS users can use a number of different flight tracking apps, some of which are better than others. We looked at several of them and made a list of the best ones based on what we learned. Here, we show you what they are.
1. Flightradar24- Flight Tracker
Flightradar24 is a good app for tracking flights that has information about flights all over the world. People in more than 150 countries can use this app to track flights in real time and even see what the pilots see from the cockpit in 3D.
When you press the aeroplane icon, you can see information about the flight, such as the arrival time, route, departure time, and altitude. Clicking on the airport icon gives you information about that airport, such as the types of planes on the ground, departure and arrival boards, etc. There is also access to flight data from the past.
Price: Free, Gold plan is $3.99 to $34.99, and Silver plan is $1.99 to $34.99
Compatibility: Android and iOS
- For flight safety, live weather reports in the form of maps show where rain and clouds are likely to form.
- On oceanic and aeronautical channels, you can see where flights go.
- Information about flights from the past 365 days is stored in detail.
- Control boundaries for air traffic tell us which controllers are in charge of which flights.
- Access to more than 20,000 airport ground stations gives you information about flights.
- Multilateration helps planes figure out where they are very accurately.
- Find out about the weather as you fly, such as the temperature, how fast the wind is blowing, how fast the plane is going, etc.
- There were a lot of cookies and ads in the app.
- It would track you by getting your location and other information.
Users all over the world can use FlightView to get a lot of information about their flights, such as the airlines and airports. You can find out about cancellations and delays at certain airports and even write down where each airline’s gate is.
The app is easy to use and shows flights and even weather patterns on the radar in an easy-to-understand way. You can also sync and save trip information through the app.
Price: Free, with in-app purchases from $2.99 to $24.99 USD.
Compatibility: Android and iOS
- You can sign in to your social media profile and share.
- Sync the app with a calendar app on your phone to make making plans easier.
- Find out which airports are having trouble getting people on their way.
- For certain areas, the FAA has programs for dealing with delays and closings.
- Information about airline reservations is available by phone.
- Find a help section with tips, tracking term details, and frequently asked questions.
- There are weekly weather forecasts for both the place of departure and the place of arrival.
- Users who pay can get rid of the ads.
- People who only fly a few times a year won’t get much use out of this.
3. Plane Finder
Plane Finder is one of the best apps for Android and iOS users to use to track flights, thanks to its strong technological structure and features like VR support. With this, users can get detailed, real-time information about live air traffic, such as altitude and speed. Also, the app can help you figure out where a flight is going and let you know when an aeroplane is close by.
Price: Free, $1.99/month for premium, $9.99/year for premium.
Compatibility: Android and iOS
- Choose the content, color, and placement of the labels on the plane.
- Change the map styles, such as satellite, detailed, simple, and hybrid.
- Use simple and different filters to search.
- Turn it on to get frequent alerts based on your flights.
- Even for paid users, the cost is very low.
- The app uses MLAT/ADS-B aircraft signals sent in real time to figure out where a flight is going.
- Strong functions for customer support that are often updated.
- Since this app is mostly for casual use, flights are not always very accurate.
- Size of app is pretty big.
4. FlightAware Flight Tracker
This is one of the best flight tracking apps for iOS and Android phones that gives real-time updates. People use it to find out information about flights that are leaving or arriving. The app is easy to use to find nearby plane signals and get personalized information about the flight, such as information about traffic on the way to the airport.
Price: It’s free, and in-app upgrades cost anywhere from $0.99 to $199.99.
Compatibility: Android and iOS
- Use the app to store information about your favorite airports and airlines.
- Get help with weather radar.
- Find out about things like flight delays and cancellations.
- On the app, you can find a lot of information about gate chances and detours.
- Free updates on the status of your flight.
- works to track any airline in the world.
- The “Where is my Plane?” feature makes it easy to find out about flight delays.
- Piston-engine-based GA Paid users are the only ones who can get help with their aircraft.
- It can be hard to deal with a lot of ads for free users.
FlightStats is one of the best flight tracking apps for iOS and Android users to use to get accurate information about active and upcoming flights in real time. iOS users can download and use this app on their Apple Watch, iPhone, or iPad to get information about their daily flights, such as how far along the route they are, etc. Important information about the airport, like the delay index and gate routes, is also easy to find on this page.
Compatibility: Android, iOS
- You can use 3D Touch to look up routes, departures, and the airport’s status.
- Details about flights in a lot of depth.
- There are 3D Touch and view modes.
- Shortcuts for routes, arrivals, departures, and other information that are powered by Siri.
- There are apps with very low weight.
- Get regular updates on trips and when flights arrive or leave.
- Sign up for an account and sign in with it. All of your information will be saved.
- Customer service is only available through email and help desks.
- Only the English language can be used in the app format.
RadarBox is an all-in-one flight tracker that lets users see all kinds of information about flights around the world. You can get accurate information about where a flight is, how fast it is going, how high it is, and other things.
It is also helpful to be able to quickly find and learn about flights, such as the route and model, and to get photos of specific planes.
Price: Nothing, Spotter- USD 2.49- 24.49, Pilot- USD 7.99- 79.99, Business- USD 39.99- 399.99
Compatibility: Android and iOS
- Add flights to the fleet, then keep track of all of them.
- Find out about the airport’s arrivals and departures, visibility, etc.
- Look at information about map layers such as SkyVector, Hybrid, Satellite, and Terrain.
- Find out about the speed and height of the flight.
- Here, you can see information about flights from the past year.
- Details about flights can be filtered in a more advanced way.
- Control what shows up when the screen is full-size.
- Some plans are very expensive for people who use them often.
- Basic-level users can only download up to 10 raw data files per month.
7. SkyTrack Flight Tracker Aware
SkyTrack is a useful app for finding out about flights nearby and around the world. You can look up your own or a family member’s flight information. With this app, you can get information about airport arrivals and departures and control radar functions all in one place.
Price: Free, $1.49/month for Pro, $5.99/year for Pro, $1.99/month for Premium, and $9.99/year for Premium.
- Get flight information from aircraft center’s around the world.
- By their registration number or flight number, you can add and track the planes on their way.
- There are signs for international arrivals and departures.
- Change flights into categories based on trips and save them so you can use them later.
- It is not a very big app.
- Pro and Premium users can see information about the last 24 hours’ worth of arrivals and departures.
- Find out about airlines, flight numbers, article tail numbers, and types, etc.
- In the free version, there are ads.
- For more information, like tracking your altitude, you have to sign up for the paid version.
8. ADSB Flight Tracker
The ADSB Flight Tracker is one of the best apps for Android users to use to track flights. Through this, you can see both international and local planes in flight, such as the air controllers. With the ADSB receiver that is already set up, you can get airline data in real time. You can also change the flight parameters to see more information.
Price: It’s free, and you can buy each element in the app for between USD 0.56 and USD 29.74.
- Find out more about more than a thousand military plans and domestic airliners.
- There are sensors for gravity and gyroscopes.
- GPS helps you see and keep an eye on air traffic warnings.
- Find out how close an aircraft is and how high it is.
- Turn the phone around to see the nearby planes from every angle.
- Find out the direction, altitude, and speed in real time.
- With the built-in Dump1090 server listener, users can hear live flight data from nearby airports.
- Users are not sure that their data will be safe.
- The free version doesn’t offer much in terms of tracking.
9. Flight Board
With the Flight Board app, you can find out about all of the flights that are happening around the world right now. This information is updated in the app every minute, so you can easily find out if flights are on time.
Users also get quick alerts if, for example, a flight is late. Here, the search interface is also easy to use, and there are many filters to make sorting easier.
- Switch quickly between the boards that say “Arrive” and “Depart”
- Choose a flight number, a destination, and a flight to search for.
- The information comes from about 1,400 airlines and 16,000 airports around the world.
- You can read about the status of a flight in real time.
- There is support for multiple languages here.
- Realistic flight board user interface.
- Fits the screens of the iPhone and iPad.
- This app does not have its own official website.
- Some chartered flights don’t show up on the list.
With software like proximity radar and ground radar, users of Flighty can find out a lot about different flights. This app would also make it easy for you to get FAA advisories, information about flight delays, and warnings.
The app has functions for automatic email support and syncing calendars on both sides.
Price: USD 49.99 per year, USD 249.99 for life, USD 89.99 per family per year, USD 449.99 for life
- Get push alerts about how the flights are going.
- Syncing your calendar with an app will make it easier to keep track of your plans.
- Import your email information to make using the site and getting help with it easier.
- Get the app to have a feature that can accurately predict delays.
- Find out the current status of a flight.
- There is sync for TripIt.
- With 247 tracking, you can find out about your flight at any time.
- Costs can be high for the tracking functions.
- After downloading the app, you can only track your first flight for free.
You can easily use these apps to find out the status of your flight or the flights of people you care about, as well as the exact times of arrival and departure. We would recommend Flightradar24 because it gives accurate information in real time. RadarBox is a better alternative in terms of how easy it is to use, but FlightStats wins as the best freeware with a good list of features.
After looking at all of your options, make a final choice about how you want to use it.