What is Hotspot Shield?
Between your laptop and the wireless router, Hotspot Shield builds a virtual private network (VPN). Snoopers and hackers can’t see your email, instant messages, credit card information, or anything you communicate over a wireless network because of this unbreakable Tunnel. As a result, you stay anonymous, and your privacy is protected. Hotspot Shield VPN may be downloaded for free. Unblock websites, surf the web anonymously, and secure your internet connection with this VPN service.
When you use the Internet, you expose yourself and your devices to various online hazards and risks; hackers could steal your passwords and financial information, and the websites you visit could include malware.
Hotspot Shield VPN software protects your browsing session with advanced encryption technology, detects and filters viruses, and allows you to view your favorite material from wherever. In countries where content is censored, you can even bypass geo-restrictions to unblock Facebook, YouTube, or other websites.
- HTTPS encryption protects your web session, data, online purchasing, and personal information.
- Protect yourself against online identity theft.
- Hide your IP address to protect your online privacy.
- Bypass firewalls and gain access to all content without being censored.
- At Wi-Fi hotspots, hotels, airports, and corporate offices protect yourself from snoopers.
- It works with both wireless and wired connections. Unlimited Bandwidth is available.
- Works with both PCs and Macs, as well as new operating systems (Windows 10 and Big Sur)
- So yet, we haven’t discovered any drawbacks. Please include in the cons part of the review.
- The software that comes with Hotspot Shield is entirely safe to use.
- Hotspot Shield’s service is excellent.
10 Best Hotspot Shield Alternatives in 2022:
1. IP Vanish:
IPVanish is one of the best premium VPN services available, and it comes with a 7-day money-back guarantee to let you decide if it’s worth it. I’ve been using it for months and have never experienced any difficulties with poor speeds. That is the primary advantage of paying for a service. As previously stated, free services typically slow down browsing dramatically. With IPVanish, however, this is not the case. Just give it a shot; you’ll be hooked.
It provides virtual access via 1300+ servers in 75+ locations, with 40,000 shared IP addresses. There is no data limit to browse as much as possible. They encrypt your internet connection with 256-bit AES encryption. I can’t help but endorse IPVanish when paying Hotspot Shield options.
Some businesses store traffic logs. However, IPVanish does not. As a result, you have complete privacy. Like many other VPN companies, they do not impose any restrictions on torrent downloads. You can anonymously download a large number of torrents at high speeds. IPVanish supports ten simultaneous connections, allowing it to be used on multiple devices. Its software client is available for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Ubuntu, Chromebooks, and Routers, among other platforms. There is also dedicated support available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to assist you in resolving any issues. IPVanish can be purchased using various payment methods, including Paypal, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, BitCoin, Delta, American Express, and others.
- There are thousands of VPN servers and IPs available.
- All major operating systems and devices are supported.
- Services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Allow for anonymous torrenting with no bandwidth restrictions.
- Payment gateways come in a variety of shapes and sizes.
- Allow for unlimited server switching sessions.
2. Tunnel Bear:
TunnelBear is a superb Cyberghost competitor since it features a user-friendly software interface, an easy-to-use VPN client, and the fastest but cheapest VPN service. However, free users are limited to 500MB per month of Bandwidth; you may get an extra 1 GB by tweeting on Twitter.
They carefully adhere to the “NO LOG” policy to ensure optimum user protection. The company’s most notable features are the auto-close Tunnel and the Vigilant Mode.
Vigilant Mode limits incoming and outgoing traffic during connectivity troubles to protect against hackers, data leaks, and malware.
On the other hand, the Closed Tunnel allows you to connect to the nearest accessible server for faster browsing and streaming. Its software client is the most basic and has an easy-to-use interface.
By purchasing paid packages, you can increase your Bandwidth. TunnelBear offers unlimited Bandwidth for $4.17/month for a 2-year subscription (58 percent savings) and $4.99/month for a 1-year subscription.
They are currently offering a stunning 58 percent discount to buyers who purchase a 2-year subscription. So please take advantage of the offer as soon as possible before it expires. It’s a little more expensive for monthly customers, at $9.99 each month.
Premium plans can be purchased using Visa, Bitcoins, American Express, Master Card, and Network Discover. TunnelBear is available for Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Android devices.
- An easy-to-use and quick-to-load browsing experience
- There are servers in over 22 countries.
- AES-256 bit encryption is quite strong.
- Trackers on websites should be blocked.
- Browsing is entirely private (your IP address is hidden).
- VPN software is available for a variety of devices.
- Multiple devices can be used at the same time.
- Explore the Internet from a variety of perspectives. virtually
- You’ll get 24/7 support and unlimited Bandwidth as a paying user.
- One of the VPNs that has been independently audited
3. Ultra Surf:
It’s another great free Hotspot Shield alternative, similar to CyberGhost VPN. Ultrasurf is a product of Ultrareach Internet Corp., a company created in 2001. Ultrasurf is one of the top privacy, freedom, and anti-censorship software. It was first released in 2002. UltraProxy is a service by Ultrareach that allows you to access geo-restricted content and banned websites.
Millions of people use UltraSurf in over 180 countries to preserve their online privacy. You only need to download and install its client on your computer to use it. It’s currently only available for Windows OS; thus, Mac users won’t be able to utilize it. However, you may get the same benefits by using the Google Chrome extension. Other VPNs described in this list, on the other hand, can be used.
Remember that UltraSurf records your online actions for 30 days to improve its service. And as stated on their website, the primary reason for gathering this information is for anti-blocking purposes. Consider premium VPN providers if you can’t afford to compromise on security, even for internal use.
- VPN service that is both free and fast
- With a single click, you may hide your IP address.
- Surf in complete anonymity
- Access websites and services that have been prohibited.
- Lightweight and simple to use (via a tiny program)
- Portable and resistant to blocking
- Internet connection encryption
4. Private Tunnel:
PrivateTunnel is another free and popular VPN in the list of Hotspot Shield rivals. PrivateTunnel is supported by OpenVPN, which was first launched in April 2002. It’s compatible with PC, Mac, Android, and iPhone/iPad.
Their servers are in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, and the Netherlands. This VPN uses strong encryption and authentication to keep you safe. It uses the 128-bit AES-GCM encryption standard to ensure your security and privacy. They offer VPN software for all popular operating systems, including Android, iOS, macOS, Windows, and Amazon devices, similar to Hotspot Shield.
Similar to Cyberghost, PrivateTunnel is a convenient and reliable software. It protects users from IP address leaks, encrypts online activities and browser traffic, and even protects against DDoS attacks, with over 50 million downloads to date. The company has more than 50 global servers in 12 locations from which virtual connections can be made.
- AES encryption protects your connection.
- Forbes, PCWorld, TechRadar, CNET, and LifeHacker featured it.
- Protect your privacy by masking your IP address.
- Protection against malware and harmful attacks
- Because it’s a premium service, you can also try it before buying.
- Customer service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by chat, email, and tickets.
- Free trial for seven days
5. Security Kiss:
Security Kiss Ltd has introduced SecurityKiss, a clever and straightforward VPN alternative to Hotspot Shield. SecurityKiss protects your internet connection, personal information, and IP address with 1024-bit encryption. Because there are over 100 servers available, you can surf anonymously through virtual locales.
As a free user, you can access any restricted site with this software, but you are only allowed to utilize 510 servers. You’re also limited to 300MB of data each day as a free user, which is minimal.
All leading platforms, including Windows, iOS, Android, Linux, and SecurityKiss, are supported. Paid plans range in price from $3.49 to $11.9 per month and include various services.
- Client software for all popular devices and OS systems
- Free for life; no registration is necessary.
- Unrestricted browsing speed, 1024-bit encryption, and no advertisements
- Simple to use, Installing it is simple. Protocols OpenVPN, L2TP, and PPTP
- There are other aspects as well.
6. Nord VPN:
Due to its fantastic performance and solid security features, NordVPN has been highlighted on the BBC, theGuardian, Wired, and BuzzFeed. Their military-grade encryption and two-layer protection allow you to access any restricted website or service anywhere globally without disclosing your identity and with maximum speed.
They keep no records of your online activities and adhere to a strict “zero log” policy. The user’s connection is hidden using two distinct IPs with multilayer encryption, making tracing impossible.
They currently have many servers (5400) in more than 59 countries, making it a versatile and speedy VPN in the paid category. Whereas most providers, particularly free ones, drastically reduce internet speed, you won’t have that problem with this one.
Killswitch, DDoS protection, DNS leak prevention, P2P, and limitless Bandwidth are all standard features. The best part is that their annual plans are significantly less expensive, allow for six devices, and come with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you’re looking for a premium VPN that works similarly to Hotspot Shield, NordVPN is a good option.
- Surfing the web at breakneck speed all over the world
- Hotspot Shield’s lowest premium alternative
- Hundreds of servers are available all over the world.
- Take advantage of lag-free streaming and video viewing.
- With a 256-bit protocol, you can have a secure connection.
- A strict zero log policy is in place for your peace of mind.
- At the same time, you can protect up to six devices.
- Apps for iOS, Android, Windows, macOS, and Linux are all available.
7. Cyber Ghost VPN:
CyberGhost VPN is the best and most cost-effective alternative and a fantastic VPN for PCs and other popular devices. Hotspot Shield is a tremendous software for accessing restricted websites and geo-blocked material. This program is compatible with all major operating systems, including Windows, Mac, iPhone, and Android.
Cyberghost VPN allows you to browse the Internet safely, anonymously, at a faster speed while also hiding your IP address and protecting your personal information.
CyberGhost provides virtual access from 5300+ servers in 90+ countries with 256-bit AES encryption. On the other hand, free customers are limited to a few servers, whereas paying subscribers to have limitless access.
It’s also the best option for free users who want to keep their internet privacy safe. Their PRO packages are also quite reasonable, remarkable, and cost-effective.
You can choose any nation from which to access the Internet anonymously as a PRO user. CyberGhost Premium services can be purchased via Paypal, Wire Transfer, BitCoin, and credit cards.
- If you merely want to get beyond firewall and ISP restrictions.
- To some extent, a good HSS substitute
- There is a strict no-log policy in force.
- For optimum protection, an elegant automatic kill switch is installed.
- A wide range of VPN servers strategically located across the world Bullet-proof security measures to prevent data leaks and IP identity theft
- It has a rapid connect option.
- CyberGhost may be used on up to seven devices simultaneously, and it offers 24/7 customer assistance via chat and email.
- Android, iOS, Windows, Linux, FireTV, macOS, and more prominent platforms are all supported.
- Chrome and Firefox Mozilla browser extensions are available as well.
- Money-back guarantee for 45 days
8. HideMy Ass:
If you cannot utilize Hotspot Shield, HideMyAss is another excellent VPN provider. They also provide a free web proxy, but you must purchase a subscription service to access their software client. HideMyAss is compatible with PCs, Macs, iPads, and smartphones.
It provides customers with various services, including Pro VPN, web proxy, IP port proxies, anonymous email, privacy software, and file uploading, among others. They have around 1000 servers spread across 350 sites in 190 countries. You have access to over 1.2 million IP addresses to surf the web with all of these numbers.
IP shuffle, split tunneling, kill switch, and leak prevention are some of the advanced features that ensure increased security. Changing one’s IP address every 10 minutes can boost anonymity through IP shuffling. Your DNS requests are routed through HMA’s secure, private servers.
HMA’s premium packages are a touch pricey, ranging from $11.99 per month to $83.88 per year. When you purchase a 36-month plan for $154.44, you can save a lot of money.
They accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, Discover, Paypal, and UnionPay, among other credit cards. If you don’t like Hidemyass, I’ve also included some of the most excellent options.
- Client software is available for all major operating systems.
- Transfer of data is unlimited.
- There are 930 VPN servers in 190 countries.
- Thousands of IP addresses (1200000+) to hide your IP address
- The protocols Open VPN, L2TP, and PPTP are all available.
- VPN software is available for PCs, Windows, macOS, smartphones, and tablets.
- Features such as a kill switch, split tunneling, and IP shuffle
- You may improve anonymity even more with IP shuffle.
- HMA is available for a 30-day trial period.
- Up to 5 devices can be accommodated.
9. Always VPN:
AlwaysVPN requires registration to use their service. Thus, you must first join up. AlwaysVPN is relatively easy to use. Users can choose from various bandwidth packages, and it’s a prepaid service (No free plan).
To utilize AlwaysVPN services, you must first “sign in” to your account, purchase Bandwidth and use it until it runs out. You can watch Hulu, ABC, and other US-based services that are geo-location-based or only available in the United States.
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Linux, and Mac are all supported by its software clients.
Packages based on bandwidth:
- 15 GB for $8.50
- 30 GB for $15
- 60 GB for $24
- 110 GB for $34
- 220 GB for $49
10. OkayFreedom VPN:
OkayFreedom, like Hotspot Shield, is an essential and free VPN program. This VPN encrypts your internet connection to keep it safe. You can watch your favorite TV shows and access sites blocked in your country.
When OkayFreedom is enabled, you can surf more safely and anonymously. Their servers are spread throughout 12 nations, including Japan, Germany, the United States, Switzerland, France, Spain, and Japan.
They support 19 countries with their VPN service; all you have to do is choose a specific country name before connecting to the VPN network. Unfortunately, the monthly Bandwidth available to free users is minimal, at only 2GB per month.
On the other hand, paid subscriptions have no monthly bandwidth limits and give you unrestricted access to everything. Premium membership can be purchased via various methods, including Paypal, Visa Card, Wire Transfer, and Master Card.
- There are up to 12 safe server spaces available.
- Users who cannot afford premium subscriptions would benefit from this.
- It is suitable for light use.
- Paid plans are cost-effective.
- The design of the Hotspot Shield is excellent.
- Hotspot Shield enables individuals to follow with interest instantly.
- Hotspot Shield has a decent performance.
- The Hotspot Shield works with a wide range of devices.
- Hotspot Shield’s service is outstanding and helpful.
- The cost of Hotspot Shield is either zero or shareware.
These are the best options for getting over ISP restrictions, accessing blocked websites, and accessing country-restricted content. You can use these services to gather the information you need, and I’m confident you’ll have a great time.
If you know of a better VPN provider that isn’t featured here, please let me know in the comments section, and I’ll update this page as soon as possible. Please let me know the method you use to access restricted sites. NordVPN and IPVanish are two VPN services that I recommend. Both are top-tier VPNs that provide military-grade security and lightning-fast connections.
Leave a Reply